Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lunch! the first day of summer

Butch and I took a grown up day of antique stores and lunch. Rarely do we eat out at a place we would NEVER return to but yesterday that happened. There is a Mexican place over on Haywood across from the old Rush gym I would strongly recommend that you avoid. I like spinach a lot so I ordered the vegetarian plate consisting of spinach and cheese burrito and a mushroom quesadilla. Hello cans…. Canned spinach and canned mushrooms in a cheese bath! The cheese was good and I have no doubt that the same dish made with fresh ingredients would be wonderful. I ate it. I also ate the chips and salsa which consisted of strewed tomatoes pureed with a bit of cilantro. No flavor. NONE! The good news is I can eat bad food as easily as good so I wasted the calories on this bad food. Butch’s chili reneno consisted of a strip of pepper ½ by 2” covered by soggy masa and piles of cheese. The cheese was good. The enchilada was beef is all you could say for it. So if you find yourself at the beginning of Haywood, heading into the west Asheville area, avoid the Mexican place across from the old Rush Gym. Save the calories for some good food elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment